Monday, June 1, 2009

The Rat Holden is a Man Magnet

Attention all the single ladies! Want to be not so single? Then get yourself a rusty, mint green 1967 Holden HR with a battered old roof rack and a Betty Page smelly thingy that hangs from the rear vision mirror. Her name is Pepper and she's our rusty gal.
I'm driving home from the station, passing through a little set of shops known for it's lah dee dahness and I stop to let some people cross on the pedestrian crossing. The young man, maybe 25 or so, turns at the sound of the rumbley old Holden woken up from her nap at the station car park. He stares at the grille of the car and then looks at me and keeps looking, like "It's a Holden and a girl!". He almost falls over backwards, walking and staring at the car, despite the girl at his side. Tee hee, I think. Too late I think that I should of winked!
Old grandads, young hipsters, natty daddies; they all love the Holden. So rush to your nearest caryard and pick yourself up one of these top cars. Not only are you getting a man-magnet, you are getting an excellent, reliable, honest and fun car with a whole lot of grunt and heart.
M x x

No comments:

Post a Comment